I’m sure the novelty will wear off eventually but as of right now, I am totally in love with my new workout schedule! I’m glad I can “fit it in” to my day amongst everything else I have going on.
Before last week, I had been slacking a lot. My energy levels were suffering, I wasn’t sleeping well, everything was just out of whack. Even though I’m not making it my primary focus anymore, my weight was also starting to creep up on me.
I needed to shake things up, get a change of scenery and get back to basics. The gym came at the perfect time! I love having a place to go just about any time of the day for any length of time and it is right down the street from where I live. My only complaint is that I wish they had spinning classes!
Last week went really well for me as far as workouts go and I’m hoping the same will be true for this week.
So, here’s the plan:
- Sunday – I did 30 minutes each on the elliptical and bike (while I read for school)
- Monday – 2 mile run (morning-done!), Yoga class (after work)
- Tuesday – Run with Farrah (after work), Body Pump class (evening)
- Wednesday – Morning light cardio (elliptical, bike, etc.)
- Thursday – Run (morning), Body Pump class (evening)
- Friday – Morning light cardio
- Saturday – 5 mile race!
No rest days? Yeah, I don’t do those too well when I get in my “zone.” Plus, I believe that “active rest” days are better for sore muscles, you just can’t overdo it. I promise that if I feel too tired or my body just can’t handle it, I will take a day off to rest up.
After a 5-miler on Saturday I can almost guarantee a rest day on Sunday!