Yesterday, I was not feeling 100%. I have a sore, irritated throat and I didn’t have as much energy as usual. I’m thinking since we went from 40 degrees on Monday to 65 on Tuesday, it’s my Springtime allergies flaring up.
But I decided a workout would (hopefully) make me feel better!
First, I ran 1 mile outside on the track in 9:43! I was going to do two miles but after the second lap, I could tell I was done.
But I managed to go inside and do some low intensity weight training.
- Chest presses – 12.5# dumbbells, 2×15
- Shoulder presses – 7.5# dumbbells, 2×15
- Reverse flyes – 7.5# dumbbells, 2×15
- Dead lifts – 12.5# dumbbells, 2×15
- Bicep curls – 15# body bar, 1×15; 18 lb body bar, 1×15
- Tricep presses (aka “skull crushers”) – 15# body bar, 1×15; 18 lb body bar, 1×15
- Side bends – using 20# kettlebell, 2×25 each side
- “Leg pull in” ab exercise – 2×15
- Leg extension machine – 55#, 2×15
- Leg curl machine – 55#, 2×15
I felt pretty good after this workout and for a while afterwards. But toward the end of the night, my throat got worse and today it’s showing in my voice. But I’m just going to treat the symptoms and monitor how I feel before I decide whether or not to run today.
Do you exercise when you are feeling under the weather?